Fastest RC Boats | 5 Best Buys With Reviews
If you’re a fan of remote control boats, then you know that there’s nothing quite like thrashing your RC boat through the water at top speeds. If you’re lucky enough to find a local group that races RC boats, you’ll find yourself waiting (rather impatiently) for the next race day.
If you’re looking to add one of the fastest RC boats out there to your collection, then you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll be taking a look at the five fastest RC boats currently on the market, while also highlighting the features that make them stand out from the competition.
Like most of our price comparisons, the RC boats in this list were chosen based on quality, price, and SPEED.
Fast RC boats are great for all kinds of occasions, such as:
- At an RC boat club event, where you can meet other serious racers and participate in organized races and competitions.
- On a calm lake or pond where you can race your RC boat against family or friends.
- In a swimming pool or other small body of water, where you can test your skills in a tight area.
- At a family gathering or party for entertaining guests and providing a fun activity for all ages.
In this list, you’ll find an appropriate RC boat for whatever your needs might be.
Top 5 fastest RC boats on the market at the best price:
- Pro Boat Miss GEICO Zelos 36 RTR 75+ MPH - $729.99
- Pro Boat Impulse 32” Deep-V RTR 55+ MPH - $549.99
- Traxxas Spartan High Performance RC Boat RTR 50+ MPH - $399.95
- Traxxas Blast High Performance RC Boat 24” RTR 25+ MPH - $149.95
- Pro Boat Jet Jam V2 12” Self-Righting RTR Pool Race Boat 15+ MPH - $99.99
Alright guys, the Miss Geico Zelos is #1 on our list of the fastest RC boats for good reason; it’s simply a beast on the water.
This speed machine was built with one thing in mind: SPEED! The hand-made hull is designed to withstand speeds of 75+ MPH, so you’ll be leaving everyone else in your wake.
With dual 1900Kv 4-Pole motors and two 120A marine ESC’s that are 6S compatible, this catamaran is ready to hit the water and perform at the highest level of competition. Don’t just cruise on the water, dominate it.
This boat is at the top if its class, so if your looking for the fastest RC boat out there, the Miss Geico Zelos is the choice for you.
Pro Boat Miss Geico Zelos | Features
- A speed demon’s dream: hand-laid fiberglass catamaran hull optimized for speed and performance
- Precision at your fingertips: Spektrum™ SLT3 3-Channel SLT Radio®
- Power at your command: Spektrum™ SR315 DSMR 3-Channel Sport Receiver
- Performance under pressure: Two water-cooled 1900Kv 4-pole brushless motors
- Safe and constant power delivery: Two water-cooled Dynamite 120A marine ESC’s with 6S battery compatibility each
Pro Boat Miss Geico Zelos | Required Purchases to Complete
- 2-4 2S-3S 50C Hardcase LiPo batteries with EC5 connectors
- 1 Compatible LiPo battery charger
- 1 LiPo storage/charging protection bag
- 4 AA batteries for included transmitter
Price: $549.99 RTR out of the box! Just needs LiPo batteries.
The Pro Boat Impulse Deep-V is a speed demon, one of the fastest RC boats out there, and ready to race! With a new look and updated electronics, this bad boy is built for action.
It’s made with multi-layer fiberglass, a molded interior, an aluminum rudder, and a stainless steel prop, so it can handle rough water. The Spektrum 1900Kv water-cooled motor paired with the Spektrum Firma 160A water-cooled ESC gives it a whopping 3 horsepower, propelling it to speeds of 55+ MPH!
You’ll have precise control with the included Spektrum DX3 transmitter and waterproof SR315 receiver.
With Smart Technology and the DX3, you’ll have battery voltage right on the transmitter and can even expand on the telemetry with the Spektrum Bluetooth Module SPMBT2000 and the Spektrum Dashboard App. Dominate the water with the Pro Boat Impulse!
Pro Boat Impulse Deep-V | Features
- One of the fastest RC boats out there, clocking in at 55+ MPH
- The hull of this RC boat is crafted with a multi-layered fiberglass composite, achieving maximum strength and durability.
- The interior boasts a sleek design, thanks to the use of clean molded composite material.
- Waterproof 3-channel receiver allows for worry-free operation in any weather.
- Water-cooled 1900Kv motor ensures optimal performance under harsh conditions.
- The canopy is secured with aluminum thumb screws, adding durability and easy access.
Pro Boat Impulse Deep-V | Required Purchases to Complete
- 2 2S or 3S LiPo Batteries with IC5 connector 50C+
- 1 Compatible LiPo Charger
- 4 AA batteries
- 1 Large LiPo Charging Bag
Price: $399.95 RTR out of the box! Just needs NiMh battery packs.
Get ready to experience the rush of driving one of the fastest RC boats on the market with the Traxxas Spartan High Performance Race Boat. Equipped with extreme Velineon brushless power and capable of reaching speeds of 50+ mph, this boat can fly and has a great entry level price.
The 36-inch deep-V hull, smooth cable-drive efficiency, innovative water cooling system, and precision aluminum and stainless steel drive controls make this boat tough; it’s built for abuse.
The clean, modern design is constructed with layers for maximum rigidity and the integrated battery trays can be configured according to your preference.
You can adjust the ride trim easily with the convenient hook and loop straps and experience amazing full-throttle turns with the optimized rudder configuration.
Get your hands on the fastest RC boats on the market in its price range with the Traxxas Spartan.
Traxxas Spartan | Features
- 50+ MPH speeds
Traxxas Spartan | Required Purchases to Complete
- 4 AA alkaline batteries for transmitter
- 2 7-cell NiMH battery packs or (2) 2S/3S LiPo battery packs with Traxxas iD Connectors
- Battery charger compatible with chosen battery chemistry and Traxxas iD Connectors
Price: $149.95 RTR out of the box! Just needs AA batteries.
Looking for a high-speed thrill ride on the water? Look no further than the Traxxas Blast 24” High Performance RTR Race Boat! This bad boy is not only the fastest RC boat in its price range, but it’s also a bargain. With waterproof servo and a watertight receiver box, this boat is perfect for as an entry level RC boat.
Traxxas has also updated the graphics and added a powerful water-cooled brushed motor for killer looks and performance.
Multiple boats can be used side by side with no interference thanks to the TQ 2-channel 2.4GHz radio system. The advanced programming provides long-range control with glitch-free performance.
The Traxxas Blast belongs on our list of the fastest RC boats out there because of the quality and speed at such an affordable price.
Interested? Click anywhere to purchase or review this product further!
Traxxas Blast | Features
- 25+ MPH speeds
- TQ™ 2.4GHz radio system for smooth, interference-free control
- 7.2V Power Cell™ NiMH battery for a powerful punch
- 4-amp DC Peak Detecting Fast Charger for quick recharges
- Installed water cooling system for maximum performance
- Sealed receiver box for added protection
- Nautica™ waterproof electronic speed control for speed demons
- High-torque waterproof servo for responsive steering
- Factory-applied decals for killer looks
Traxxas Blast | Required Purchases to Complete
- 2 AA Batteries
Price: $99.99 RTR out of the box! Just needs AA batteries.
Looking for a fast RC boat on a budget (that’s not just at lame toy) for you to race in the pool? Look no further than the 12” Pro Boat Jet Jam V2! This is a great buy for birthday parties, and just kids in general. Many RC boats under $100 dollars are just slow and boring. Not so with the Jet Jam, this sucker can move.
The high buoyancy allows the Jet Jam to operate in shallow waters (as little as three inches) or in deeper areas. And if you ever find yourself upside down, no problem! The Jet Jam is self-righting, so you’ll never be stranded.
Hit the lake, pool, pond or any slow-moving water with the Pro Boat Jet Jam V2, the fastest RC boat under $100 bucks!
Interested? Click anywhere to purchase or review this product further!
Pro Boat Jet Jam V2 | Features
- 15+ MPH
- Self-righting feature ensures you’ll never be stuck upside down
- Jet pump propulsion system for a smooth, propeller-free ride
- Ready to run, no assembly required
- 2.4GHz radio system for smooth, interference-free control
Pro Boat Jet Jam V2 | Required Purchases to Complete
- 2 AA Batteries
Hopefully you found this article helpful! If you'd like to know more about RC Cars, RC Boats, or Drones,
check out our blog, or utilize the search feature at the top of the window.
This post may contain products from our affiliates, and we'll be compensated if you buy after clicking a link. It's how we grow our business and offer you great content!